It's so secret I love to cook and bake, I even have an IGTV series dedicated to it! I get asked all the time what recipes I'm using so I wanted to compile my favourite recipes in an article so they are easy for you guys to find :) Let's begin!
The list is in alphabetical order and I will update it regularly:
Banana Bread (unsure, we've had it in our family for a long time)
1 cup All Purpose flour
1 ½ tsp Baking Powder
½ tsp Salt
½ cup Sugar + ¼ cup Sugar (keep separate)
¼ cup Vegetable oil
2 egg yolks (keep the egg whites)
1 tsp Vanilla extract
4 tbsp Cold Water
¾ cup Ripe Bananas (mashed)
4 Egg Whites
1. Set the oven to 350F
2. In a small bowl add flour, baking powder, salt and ½ cup sugar. Mix by hand.
3. In a large bowl, add vegetable oil, egg yolks, vanilla extract, cold water and mashed bananas. Mix by hand.
4. Add dry mixture into wet mixture and set aside.
5. In a medium bowl, beat the egg whiles with an electric mixed at high speed for about 30 seconds or until soft peaks form. Then, gradually add the ¼ cup of sugar and continue mixing until egg whites are still.
6. Gently fold in by hand the egg white mixture into the other ingredients.
7. Pour into a bread pan and bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Note: While it cools, the bread/cake will deflate :)
Chocolate Chip Cookies * filled with Nutella (by Pinch of Yum)
Tip #1: Freeze 12 dollops of Nutella at the beginning and when you ready to place on the baking sheet, add a dollop in the middle of the cookie
Tip #2: I use baking powder instead of baking soda
French Macarons (by Food Network)
Tip: Follow the recipe super carefully and expect your first try to flop, macarons are really hard to perfect so be patient :)
Funnel Cake (by Canada's Wonderland)
Orange Cranberry Olive Oil Cake (by Mia Kouppa)