As you may have understood through my (not so subtle) hints in all of my articles, there is a special place in my heart for good food. After spending five months abroad eating European breakfasts (no offence, but it's just not the same level of satisfaction), all I wanted was a good old oversized, fatty, delicious breakfast. So, my friends brought me to L'Avenue in Plateau Mont-Royal.
We arrived at 10:45 and the line up was insane. We waited in line for about an hour before getting a table inside this place. We were warned there would be a line, since this place is known to have the best breakfast in town. Any time people wait that long for food you know it has to be good.
Here are 7 reasons why I loved L'Avenue:
1. They bring you watermelon infused water, rather than regular water.
2. Once you've ordered, they bring you a skewer of fresh fruit, as an appetizer I suppose, while you wait for your meal.
*(Now don't ask me why I drew clouds around the fruit.. I don't know haha )
3. Everything I tasted was really good. REALLY GOOD.
4. The portions are big
5. The atmosphere is great.
6. Free maple syrup, not table syrup like many places!
7. Instead of bread as a side, you can choose a Montreal bagel. (They had me at 'bagel'.)
Overall, I really enjoyed the experience (and the food, obviously) and I will definitely be going back.
P.S. If you wanna go, show up early or be prepared to wait :)